Urinary incontinence - this is a very delicate and, unfortunately, fairly common problem.But if you begin to act in time, from such troubles can be eliminated.
What is it?
Urinary incontinence - the involuntary is its selection.In a normal healthy person is able to control urination.So, out of the bladder is surrounded by a special muscle - sphincter.She closes the opening and does not allow the urine to leave involuntarily.When the bladder becomes full, the nerves in the brain receives a signal that provokes the urge to urinate.
person decides to go to the toilet, weakened sphincter, bladder wall contract and thus push its contents.After this sphincter returns to its normal state, that is shrinking.And if some of these complex mechanisms is violated, then there is urinary incontinence.
That is, it may be due to the weakening of the pelvic support structures (they allow you to maintain normal bladder), disorders of functioning muscle wall of the bladder or the insolvency of the bladder or u
worth noting that most of incontinence in women (if you believe the statistics, since its symptoms experienced about 40% of the fairer sex of child-bearing age), and this is due to structural features of the genitourinary system and its changes after childbirth.Men are faced with a problem much less frequently.
There are several types of urinary incontinence:
- Stress incontinence or stress.In this case, a small amount of urine is released during stress, such as coughing, laughing, sneezing, a sharp change in body position, lifting weights, and other similar activities.
- Urge incontinence or imperative is characterized by sharp and sudden rather strong urge to urinate, followed by an uncontrolled release of urine.Sometimes people just do not get to the toilet usevaet.The reason such a violation and active with involuntary contractions of the bladder wall.Urging can occur at night and during the day, with a few times.
- Mixed incontinence - a combination of symptoms and stress the imperative form.Leakage of urine can be observed at a voltage and at sharp urge and even without them.This form is typical for women aged 50-70 years.
- overflow incontinence due to excessive stretching of the walls of the bladder and its constant overflow.Dripping in this case observed when filling the cavity of the bubble.That is, if it is fully or at least partially oporozhnёn, urine will not stand out.
- permanent incontinence due to sphincter weakness.In this form of urine is released in small quantities, but almost constantly and regularly.
Because of what may occur?
Causes of urinary incontinence can be very diverse:
- In women, incontinence develops most often after complications or multiple births.In this case there is a stretching or tearing of the pelvic floor muscles and the omission of the pelvic organs, that these muscles are maintained in good condition.
- Infectious diseases of the genitourinary system, the most common among them is cystitis.
- Some hormonal disorders.For example, estrogens ensure maintenance of muscle fibers of the urogenital system in the normal state.And their lack of urethral muscles can weaken, resulting in urine leakage.
- menopause or menopause.At these stages in a woman's body occur serious restructuring, which often lead to hormonal imbalances and lack of important female hormones, especially estrogen.
- tumors, localized in the bladder.
- Some injuries and diseases of the spine (it is located in close proximity to the bladder, so that may affect its operation).
- Some congenital diseases and anomalies of the structure of the urogenital system.
- pelvic injuries or surgery conducted on them.
- Some diseases of the nervous system, leading to a breach of the regulation of the process of emptying the bladder.
- regular or ongoing excessive exercise (lifting weights, heavy physical work, exercises weightlifting).
- Receiving certain drugs that affect the conduction of nerve impulses.These include blockers, norepinephrine, neurotransmitters adrenaline group.
- Adenoma of the prostate gland in men.
How to find out the reasons?
diagnose and find out causes of the problems can only urologist and after the comprehensive examination, including urinalysis, ultrasound and other diagnostic measures.
How to solve the problem?
Incontinence Treatment will depend on the causes of it, and should be aimed at eliminating them.
Possible directions of therapy:
- Changing lifestyles.We must start with the food.We'll have to eliminate or at least limit the intake of beverages and foods that have a diuretic effect.These include tea, coffee, fruit, and so forth.You also need to control body weight and give up bad habits.Prior to eliminate the causes of incontinence have to empty the bladder for hours.In some cases, effectively a gradual increase in the interval between urination.
- With the weakening of the pelvic floor muscles help Kegel exercises aimed at strengthening them.So, it is necessary to imagine that like the toilet, as if every possible way to restrain the urge.Then should relax and repeat the exercise 10-20 times.To conduct such training should be several times a day until the condition improves.
- drugs may be used, eliminating cramps and helps to relax the bladder walls.These include "Drotaverinum", "No-spa", "dicyclomine", "Imipramine" and some others.
- hormonal prescribed for hormonal crash.
- antibiotics may be recommended for cystitis.
- antidepressant is prescribed in some cases.
- procedures involving electrical stimulation of the pelvic floor muscles and aimed at strengthening them.
- may be used folk remedies, such as herbal teas or infusions of laurel, elecampane, salvia.Useful honey and ordinary onions.
- With a significant omission of pelvic surgery will be scheduled, aimed at returning them to their normal position.artificial valve can be created using the sphincter deficiency.Also, operations are carried out by fixing the bladder.